- Finally chop the shallots, ginger, chilies, garlic, lemon grass and coriander stalks (or blitz in a food processor).
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add the above, sauté for 5 minutes then add the spices, lime leaves, shitake and enoki mushrooms and lime zest, heat for another 2 mins, keep stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Then add the stock, tamerind, fish sauce and soy sauce. Simmer keeping to a medium heat for at least 20 minutes to allow the soup to infuse.
- Next dry the tofu between paper towel and cut into cubes, fry in a pan with ground nut oil until crisp and golden then add a splash of soy sauce and sesame oil. While these cook, slice up the spring onions, radishes, coriander and chilies for your topping.
- Cook your noodles according to the packet instructions. Serve in a deep bowl with the broth, mushrooms and tofu, adding all the pretty toppings, finishing with a few coriander leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
- coconut oil
- 2 inch ginger
- 3 shallots
- 2 red chilies
- 2 lemon grass
- 4 garlic gloves
- stalks from a bunch coriander
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 tsp- ground coriander, cumin, cinnamon
- handful of dried porchini mushrooms
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 750 ml stock (veg or chicken)
- 1 tsp tamerind paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp of maple syrup (or honey)
- garlic glove thinly sliced
- handful- shitake mushrooms (chopped into quarters), enoki (any others of your choice
- sesame oil
- udon noodles (or a noodle of your choice)
- spring onions, coriander leaves, radishes and toasted sesame seeds