Our absolute favourite, could eat them everyday!!
- Slice up the bananas and mash roughly with a fork in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, eggs and maple syrup then add to the bananas
- Combine the dry ingredients and carefully add to wet mixture, do not over mix. Finally heat the coconut oil and add to the mix. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a pancake pan / frying pan on a low to medium heat
- Drizzle a little oil (ground nut / coconut) onto the pan. Take a dessert spoon sized amount of mixture and dollop it onto the pan, then spread evenly to about 1cm thick. Wait for little bubbles to appear all over the pancake (about a minute or so) then flip. It should be a golden brown. Wait for this side to cook, another minute, then remove from pan and place on plate.
- Decorate as you wish – as you already have the pan on why not caramelize some banana slices, all you have to do is pop them on the pan for 30 seconds each side and they are delicious.
Pancakes best served warm.
- 2 very ripe bananas - the blacker the better for intense sweet banana flavour
- 2 eggs
- 200ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 100g self-raising flour
- 65g ground almond
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 45g coconut oil