- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium frying pan and add the shallots, fennel, garlic and chilli. Cook over a medium heat until caramelised — keep stirring so as not to burn the garlic.
- In the meantime, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the pasta — cook according to the instructions on the pack. Drain, refresh, drizzle with olive oil and shake, then leave to one side.
- Add the white wine to the pan and reduce for a minute or so then add the tomatoes — cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti back to the pan and combine with the tomatoes, then carefully stir in the mozzarella, avocado, pine nuts, lemon zest, basil and tarragon. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide between bowls and grate parmesan on top if desired.
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 large fennel, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 glass of white wine
- 400g good-quality, sweet baby tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 balls of buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped into small squares
- 100g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 bunch of tarragon, leaves picked and stalks discarded
- olive oil
- 1 handful of parmesan (optional)
- 500g spaghetti (if using gluten-free, wash well after cooking to stop congealing)