Starter for 2
- First make the cream. Mix together the crème fraiche, wasabi, lime zest and juice, and leave to the side.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small pan over a medium heat, leave to the side.
- Carefully mix the crab, lemon juice, lemon zest, mint and dill with a good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- To serve put a dollop of the cream mixture on a plate and spread evenly to cover the most of the bottom of the plate, then sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over. Place a few leaves in the middle, radish slices and beetroot if using, then a spoonful of the crab mixture. Carefully layer up with a few more leaves, crab and decoration. Finish with a carful drizzle of olive oil.
- 100g fresh white crab meat
- handful dill, finely chopped
- handful mint, stalks removed and finely chopped
- lemon – zest and juice
- 100ml crème fraiche
- lime – zest and juice
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- handful mixed fresh leaves, washed and spun dry
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- candy beetroots – sliced paper thin
- radish, use different coloured – thinly sliced
- baby cress
- chard shoots
- micro herbs
- edible flowers