Serves 8 people
Mix the marinade in a bowl with the chicken, making sure to coat and then refrigerate for 12 hours (or a min of 2 hours).
Noodles, cook the noodles as instructed on the packet. Then drain the noodles in cold water to stop them from cooking, mix with sesame oil and add the crunchy sliced up vegtables.
Make your dressing (making sure to taste) by adding the ingredients into a mixing bowl- you may need to add more chili or less to your liking.
Get a griddle pan very hot, adding oil, then cook your chicken getting it crispy all over. Reserve any juice that might come into the pan for pouring over the dish once finished.
Toss the noodles in the dressing and then plate up adding the crispy warm chicken on top. Garnish with extra toasted peanuts, sesame seeds, mint, coriander, chili sliced thinly, lime wedges and spring onion.
- Chicken Marinade-
- 10 Boneless chicken legs
- 50 g Ginger, peeled and grated
- 8 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2, very finely chopped Lemon grass stalks
- handful Coriander stalks
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 100 ml Soy sauce
- Lime juice (3 limes)
- Glass noodle salad:
- 200 g Rice noodles
- 2 Carrots into matchsticks
- ½ Cucumber sliced and peeled on the diagonal
- 5 Radishes thinly sliced
- 8 Sugar snaps sliced thinly length ways
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Toasted crushed Peanuts
- Thinly sliced spring onions, length ways
- Edemame beans (or peas)
- 3 tsp grated Ginger
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 2 Chilis, deseeded and chopped
- small bunch of Mint leaves, half saved for garnish
- Coriander leaves- small bunch, half saved for going on top
- 3 tbls Fish sauce
- 3 tbls lime juice
- Soy sauce
- Maple syrup