I love pizza.. a lot.. just thinking about it now is making me hungry. Making your own pizza is so satisfying and just so exciting… nothing better than dipping those left over crusts in garlic butter (my sis Hannah makes the best ever garlic and chive butter, soo moreish).
Pizzas are also very easy to make.. you can also make the dough in advance as long as you keep it in the fridge.
If you can get a hold of it use Italian Tipo ’00’ flour (the best brand to use is the Caputo Molino brand that is milled in Naples, Italy), this flour is ground much finer than normal flour.
more topping suggestions:
olives, salami, peperoni, smoked sausage, chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, egg (just crack the raw egg in the middle of the pizza just before it goes in the oven), prosciutto, cheese (the more the merrier), courgette.
- 1kg Tipo '00' flour (or 800g strong white bread flour and 200g semolina)
- 2 x 7g sachets of Dried Yeast
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 650ml warm water
- topping: mozzarella, oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- Tomato Sauce - you can buy a jar of tomato sauce for pizzas at any supermarket or you can make your own.. by the time I have made the dough I can never be bothered to make mine, however if you can then of course it will be even tastier.