- Mix your quesadilla ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon a few tablespoons into each wrap before folding in half and pressing down.
- Heat a pan big enough to fit each folded wrap (you can do two at a time) on a medium heat and crisp both sides until the cheese is oozing.
- Heat some butter and olive oil on a medium heat in a separate pan and sauté your shallots, garlic, chilli, spices and coriander stalks until soft and fragrant and then add your tomatoes and spinach, cooking for a further few minutes. Then pour in your eggs — making sure to stir on a low heat until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with your hot quesadillas and some extra coriander and spring onions. Delicious with a side of guacamole and a chipotle mayonnaise (or sour cream).
- FOR THE QUESADILLA
- 4 tortilla wraps
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 handful of spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 limes, zested
- 2 tbsp jalapeños, finely chopped for the scrambled eggs
- 8-10 free-range eggs, whisked and seasoned
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- coriander stalks, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped and deseeded
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 handful of washed, chopped spinach
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped and deseeded
- sliced spring onions and coriander leaves for garnish