- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chorizo.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes until the oil runs out of the chorizo and the onions soften.
- Add the thyme, olives and tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, before transferring the mixture to an ovenproof dish.
- Using a sharp knife, slash skin of the sea bass diagonally along each side so that the flesh is exposed and place sprigs of thyme into the slashes.
- Season the sea bass with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place on top of the chorizo mixture.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the fish is tender and cooked all the way through.
- To serve,take the cooking dish to the table.
- 1 large sea bass, head removed, scaled and gutted
- small bunch fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil