Roast tomatoes and red peppers with buffalo mozzarella and basil oil
- Pre Heat the oven to 220°c
- Cut the peppers in half, drizzle with oil and season. Roast in the oven for about 25mins or until the peppers begin to blacken and skins blister. Take peppers out of oven and place in a plastic bag and leave to cool
- Half the tomatoes, lay out on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, season and sprinkle with sugar. Roast in oven for 30 mins.
- To make the basil oil EITHER – place the basil, garlic, salt and pepper into a small bowl, add a few glugs of olive oil then whiz with a had blender. If you do not have a hand blender then finely chop the basil and garlic, then add the slat and pepper and oil.
- Once the peppers have cooled take out of bag and peal off the skins. Lay peppers on serving plate, then add the tomatoes.
- Drain the mozzarella and place in the middle of platter and tear slightly. Drizzle basil oil and serve.
- 3 red peppers
- 8 plum tomatoes
- mozzarella / burrata
- bunch of basil
- small garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper