Makes 15-20 croquettes
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Boil the cut sweet potatoes in a pot for 15 to 20 minutes, making sure they are cooked through, then mash and set aside to cool.
- Fry the diced chorizo in a little olive oil until browned and crispy.
- In a large bowl add the sweet potato, feta, chorizo, spring onion, pressed garlic, chillies, coriander, spices, one beaten egg and 2tbsp of the panko crumbs. Place in the refrigerator until cold and stiff.
- Shape the potato mix into oval or round croquettes and place onto greaseproof paper trays. Then dip them into the second beaten egg and roll in the remaining panko crumbs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Either shallow fry the croquettes in olive oil or bake them in the oven drizzled with olive oil for five to 10 minutes. For extra crispiness, turn the grill on for a few minutes until they turn golden brown. Serve piping hot.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 200g chorizo, cut into 1cm cubes
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 free-range eggs
- 80g panko crumbs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste