- Split the eggs and put the whites into a medium bowl and the yolks onto a lightly oiled plate (this is to stop them sticking as you will need them later). Be careful not to pop the yolks.
- Place the butter in a pan and melt over a medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic and chilli and cook for a few minutes until they start to caramelise. Take off the heat and add the mustard, tarragon, ricotta and seasoning and then combine. Leave to one side.
- Whisk the egg whites to a soft peak then carefully add the ricotta mixture using a metal spoon before topping with parmesan.
- Place four ramekins in front of you and spoon the mixture in, filling each one to about two thirds of the way up. Then carefully place one egg yolk on top of the mixture. Very carefully spoon the remaining mixture on top of each yolk.
- Place the ramekins onto a tray and put in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with buttery soldiers.
- 4 free-range eggs
- knob of butter
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- bunch of tarragon, woody stalks removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 200g ricotta
- 50g grated parmesan
- 4 oven-proof ramekins