What could be more heart warming on a cold, wet winter evening than creamy mash potato filled with garlic mushrooms with a cheese crust.
- Peel, chop and cook the potatoes in a large pan of water. Bring to boil and simmer for about 30 mins, or until very soft.
Drain the potatoes and mash, preferably with a potato ricer. mix in butter, a gulp of milk, cheese and season well.
- Chop garlic and shallots saute lightly in some olive oil, add chopped mushrooms, keep on medium heat till soft, not browned, add the chopped parsley.
- Layer potato in a dish, next with mushrooms, then finish with the rest of the potato. Cover with grated cheese and put back in the oven for about 15 mins, at 180 degrees.
- flowery potatoes
- large knob of butter
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic
- mixture of mushrooms - portabello and chestnut. wild mushrooms if in season
- gruyere and chedder cheese
- salt and pepper