A Wonderful winter warmer..
Pre heat oven to 200 degrees
- cut tomatoes in half and place cut side up on a baking tray. sprinkle with olive oil, thyme, sliced garlic, basil and seasoning (or just use garlic infused oil if in a rush). Put in oven for about 30 mins, or until roasted.
- Slice onions and garlic and saute in sauce pan until soft.
- Add red peppers and chilli’s and saute for another 5 mins, then add the tinned tomatoes, sugar and stock. simmer for about 15 mins.
- Add roasted tomatoes, season.
- Liquify, add water if too thick.
- Serve with creme fraiche and pesto
- about 10 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 red peppers, cut and deseeded
- 2 chilli's, finely chopped
- 2 tins good quality tinned tomatoes
- 500ml stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- creme fraiche
- home made pesto - jarred pesto doesn't cut it, but you could use the stuff you get in the deli section of supermarkets