A dish that is very popular on shoots – is versatile and works well with other sharing dishes. We often serve with Moroccan vibes lunch spread, its fantastic served with our Marinated lamb and smokey baba ganoush, along with flat breads.
- Drain the chickpeas and put in food processor. Add all hummus ingredients apart from the water and whizz till blended. Slowly pour the cold water into food processor as its on – like how you would for mayonnaise, then keep processor on and blend for a couple of minutes till smooth. Taste and add seasoning if needed. Hummus is better made in advance and keeps in the fridge for a week or so, so no need to make last minute if pushed for time.
- Finally chop the onion, garlic and parsley stalks.
- Heat the butter over a medium heat and add the above.
- Chop the mushrooms into chunks, keep the small ones whole as pretty to see the different shapes and colour at the end. Add to onion mixture, fry for a couple of minutes then add the wine and sherry.
- Let the liquid reduce and add the chopped tarragon and the rest of the parsley.
Spread the hummus over a pretty platter, a couple cm thick, then pour the mushroom mixture on top. Serve immediately
- 1 garlic clove
- juice and zest of one lemon
- heaped tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp tahini
- 1 400g tin chickpeas
- 1/2 cup very cold water
- pinch salt and pepper
- knob of butter
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- bunch parsley, finally chopped
- bunch tarragon, finally chopped
- 500g mixed mushrooms (wild, shitake, button, Portobello, chanterelle)
- glass white wine
- slash sherry
- salt and pepper