- First make the salsa. Put all the salsa ingredients in the food processor and whiz until blended. Leave to one side (if too hot for you then add more crème fraiche or avocado).
- With a sharp knife slice the salmon into thin strips and divide between four plates.
- With a teaspoon, dot the salsa over the salmon — not too much as it’s quite spicy.
- Sprinkle the jalepeños, chilli, spring onions and chives over the dish, then squeeze over the lime and drizzle with olive oil. Place a little pile of coriander leaves in the middle and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- 400g sushi-grade wild salmon
- 2 fresh jalapeños, finely sliced
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- small bunch spring onions (we like to use the purple ones to add colour to the dish)
- small bunch chives, chopped
- 1 handful coriander
- 1 lime
- good quality extra virgin
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 8-10 stems mint, stems removed and discarded
- 25g coriander
- ½ jar jalepeños
- ½ lime, juice
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche